Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT problem

To: Steve Daniel <nn4t@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT problem
From: Larry K4AB <larry.k4ab@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:08:54 -0500
Steve,

The exact same thing happened to me about 10 years ago..  A nearby lightning
stike took out a chip in the 'MP.  I'd have to look at the schematic to see
which one,
but its obvious, I just can't remember.  That chip is pretty sensitive.

It's also a surface mount, so nothing I wanted to fool with.  I knew a local
here who was
good with a soldering iron and he replaced it.  If you patient enough, you
could
probably do it.

On the other hand, good to hear from you, OM!

GL!,
Larry K4AB