Re: [Yaesu] Used FT100D-still a good buy?

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Used FT100D-still a good buy?
From: Claude Frantz <ClaudeFrantzX665@lavabit.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 16:14:41 +0200
On 05/21/2012 12:36 AM, John G. wrote:

> Given the recent discussion about service opportunities for a FT100 and the
> lack of parts availablility, what is the consensus of the group?  Is a used
> FT100-updated by Yaesu a few years ago to a D model-still a good buy?  Or is
> it a risky investiment?  I do like the NB on the FT100, and some of the other
> features my 706 doesn't have.
>
> John AF5CC

The problem of the availability of parts has been discussed in relation
with the FT-1000, probably because this issue has been invoked by Yaesu
in order to explain why this model has been discontinued.

In my opinion, there are probably no less such custom made parts in most
other transceivers on the past and current market. Therefore the problem
is probably exactly the same for exactly the same reasons.

Best 73 de Claude