[Yaesu] FT1000MP Does not power up for 4 to 5 minutes

To: "yaesu@contesting.com" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Does not power up for 4 to 5 minutes
From: Carl Lester <carl_s_lester@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:35:30 -0700 (PDT)
I was wondering if anyone has seen this one?  This started about a month ago.
My FT1000MP sometimes does not power up.  You push in the "POWER" button and
nothing happens!  It is most disturbing. But, if you leave the power button
pushed in and wait for about 4 to 5 minutes, it comes on and everything is
fine.  It does not do this every time, it does it every couple of days.  I can
not seem to pick up on any pattern.  The only semi-consistent thing is the wait
time until it powers up is always 4 to 5 minutes.  The only other thing is it
seems to more likely do it if I have not turned it on for a few days.

Anyway,  has anyone seen this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks! and 73,
Carl,  K2YR