[Yaesu] FT-990 has problems

To: yaesu <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 has problems
From: "johne tds.net" <johne@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:10:35 -0500
Hi, My FT-990 has problems. Only the s meter will light up. I was
plugging in a 12 volt connector for my external swr meter and the astron power
supply clicked then the FT-990 will not work. I did a hard reset and
no difference. I took the covers off and checked the voltage in the
center of the radio and have 13.8 volts on each of the two screw
heads.

I did not see any fuses ? Just the two small fuses in the rear of the
radio for the ac supply and the ac supply is not in this radio.

Any thoughts ? I am out of HF radios!

Thanks de John K0CQW