[Yaesu] FT-1900 DCS setup

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1900 DCS setup
From: Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 16:48:27 -0500
Just bought FT-1900 from a swap-net. I have ADMS-1900 software, and have installed it in Windows 7. It went to the 'net and added some upgrade. I have set up a bunch of repeater channels, one of which requires DCS input, but does not (apparently) send DCS output. At any rate, I cannot receive anything from that repeater. (I can key the repeater up with a Wouxun handheld, and hear it come back on the Wouxun.)

I set up the channel in the ADMS chart for DCS 023 . Under RxDCS, the 023 is grayed out. But the radio seems to think that it needs to receive
a DCS code. (The manual points out that DCS is supposed to be two-way.)

I tried the procedure (as I understand it) from the manual, with menu items 48 and 49, but did not see what I expected in item 49. I need to set up the radio so as not to require a DCS (or any) code on receive on that channel. Please walk me thru it slowly, so I can do that.

Thanx--doug, WA2SAY

PS--if this mailing list does not automatically post the answer to me, please advise (directly to me) how I should get the answer.