Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D vacum tube display

To: "'Rafal Grygorowicz SP9VFD'" <sp9vfd@wp.pl>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D vacum tube display
From: "Kjell W. Strom" <strom.lime@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:14:57 +0100
Raf,

I had the same problem with my FT-990, which had been on a 24/7
Amtor/Pactor duty. There is still a bright blueish VFD display
behind the dense orange filter, which is probably passing only a
few percent of the brightness. You can see my description here:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Yaesu/2005-09/msg0000
5.html
I have seen mention of Yaesu USA doing a Blue Display
Modification, but I don't know if they have available an
escutcheon without the orange filter, or if they are simply
cutting it away, like I did.

73,
Kjell, PB3SM - SM6CPI