Re: [Yaesu] FT-2000D

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-2000D
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:56:15 -0400

You could set menu 144 tGEn MA PWR to 50 or 100W.  I would still check
the power output using a scope or very good peak reading wattmeter like
the LP-100A using a single "dit" every 2 to 3 second while looking for
overshoot.

The FL-7000 was originally designed for use with the FT-1000D (among
other rigs of that era) which had a 200W output.  Be sure you have
enabled the attenuator (on the power divider unit) as instructed for
the higher power exciter.  IMO, setting the FT-2000D for 100W ma and
enabling the attenuator *should* keep things in check - using 100W
with the attenuator will e a bit safer than 50W without the attenuator
since the attenuator will knock down any spikes that get through the
FT-2000D power control circuit.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV