Re: [Yaesu] fan noise

To: "'Gary Thostenson'" <badgers9146@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] fan noise
From: "Adam Farson" <farson@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:08:27 -0700
Hi Gary,

You might like to join the YaesuQuadra Yahoo! Group.

I have owned a Quadra for nearly 15 years, and although the fans are
audible, I do not find them bothersome. On the contrary, having worked for
many years in telecom labs and equipment rooms, I find fan and relay sounds
in the shack quite reassuring. A deathly silence in an equipment space
scares me; I start looking around for red alarm lamps.

The VP-1000 power supply must be powered up to establish a signal path
through the Quadra, even when the amplifier is off. The MR-1000 was
discontinued because it was expensive, and sales were minimal.

At least 5 cm of clear space is required around the top and rear of the
VL-1000 and VP-1000 for proper cooling. Under no circumstances should the
Quadra's cooling system be tampered with, as overheating can cause extensive
damage.

73, Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ