Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D vs FT1000MP MK5

To: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>, FT-1000MP@yahoogroups.com, FT1000D@yahoogroups.com, yaesu@contesting.com, yaesu reflector <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D vs FT1000MP MK5
From: chacuff <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:04:53 -0600

John I've owned all of them...
Some of them at the same time.
The 1000D is hard to beat but some of the parts are becoming hard to come by.
The tuning rate is fixed which is a pain some times. If you are a CW op the APF
is excellent allowing you to dig weak CW out of the noise.
Beyond that go straight to the MKV.  Has nice bells and whistles. The DSP based
APF is nowhere near as nice as on the 1000D. On receive not much different in
performance (real world) between the two...if you have properly performing
examples.  Personally I would choose the MKV field...100 W version and skip the
external power supply that have issues if it fails with parts availability.
73
CecilK5DL