[Yaesu] FT1000MP and PSK31

To: "Ve3_Contest@Yahoogroups.Com" <ve3_contest@yahoogroups.com>, "Yaesu reflector" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP and PSK31
From: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 22:49:27 -0400
Hello everyone....I have been active in RTTY using the MP for some time now,
having built my own interface.

Now I would like to try experimenting with PSK31 but I am not sure how much
different the interface has to be

from running RTTY??? I am able to receive PSK31 using DIGIPAN at this time
but cant get the transmit working.

I notice if I click on a macro, the PTT light in my interface lights but I
am not seeing any power transmitted from

the radio. I am not sure whether I need the MP to be in USB mode or using
PKT mode as I have seen videos

of guys using it both ways to transmit PSK31. Which way is best?? Does the
cabling differ for RTTY as compared to

PSK31.  You need cabling to handle signals in both directions from radio to
computer and vice versa, right??

What else am I missing?? I am running Win10 on the ham computer.

Any help on specifics for the FT1000MP would be greatly appreciated. I have
looked all over the net but don't seem

to find any specific info that I need.

Thank-you

Ted Boerkamp VE3SS