[Yaesu] Yaesu FT-857D CAT Cable

To: "Yaesu" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT-857D CAT Cable
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 14:07:43 -0500
I have an FT-857D in the truck, with TuneMatic antenna controller for Little
Tarheel HP.  It has a CAT cable connection.

When I work the Texas QSO Party in mobile category, I have a driver, and
operate from the passenger seat.  I use a laptop for logging, which also
gets info from the FT-857D via CAT cable.  I brought up this issue to
TuneMatic at Hamvention, and TuneMatic said it uses the CAT cable for power
only.  This makes no sense to me because there is a regular black/white
power cable to TuneMatic unit.  The CAT connection is from an external,
small box that interfaces to the FT0857D.  In other words, it does not
interface to an Icom or Kenwood radio.

I have looked for a "Y" CAT cable, but no luck so far.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

73, Keith NM5G