[Yaesu] Weird whistle on FT-857D 2 Meters FM

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Weird whistle on FT-857D 2 Meters FM
From: Randy Berry <randyn3lrx@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 13:18:48 -0400
Hi,
I have a weird warbling whistle (that's all I can explain it with) on
2 meters FM that I've never heard before on FM.
I've heard such things on HF SSB but never on VHF FM. When it's there
it stays put, it doesn't sweep through.
I've noticed it on the local 2m repeater on 146.66. I've got TSQ set
with the repeaters tone and the squelch off. The repeater has an
excellent signal, the meter is pegged and the signal is full quieting.
This noise doesn't burry the repeater at all but you can definitely
hear it. None of my other VHF FM equipment does this, only the FT-857D
in VHF FM. I have not heard it on HF with the same radio.

Sorry, I can't record it right now to share.

An thoughts?

tnx es 73 de Randy, N3LRX/8
https://n3lrx.com