Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP problem - Does anyone know what it might be?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP problem - Does anyone know what it might be?
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:49:06 -0000
That sounds like multiple problems because the only thing common to transmit
and receive after the power/swr measurement point are the t/r relay and the a/b
ant relays... nothing related to band selection.   So check things
separately...

Transmit high swr on all but one band sounds like antenna tuner failure to
switch, make sure the tuner is off.  there really isn't anything else after the
power/swr metering that could be band related.

Reduced rx sensitivity on all but 20m sounds like a failure in either the high
pass filter switching or bandpass filter switching on the rf board... either of
those is likely a control problem, possibly some of the diode switching
circuits or cpu driving them.

I don't like working on either of those possible things so I would try a
complete cpu reset and if that doesn't fix it I would send it to wa4geg for
repair and tuneup.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373