[AMPS] AL-1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-1500
From: Michael81@aol.com (Michael81@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:09:24 -0500 (EST)
>the AL-1500 is the battleship of them all

Rod,

Quite a report!

I too have been wanting to go big-time and get a serious HF amp. However,
more than 90% of my activity is on RTTY, and this presents a few problems.

First, my main radio is a Yaesu 767GX, and in RTTY mode it runs 50 watts.
The Yaesu guys want me to run 30 watts (!!!) but this does not seem
necessary, unless I am trying to run stations in a contest ; normally I
simply limit text to 5 lines.

So, the amp needs to go to full power with 50 watts drive (or maybe a
little more).

Second, the amp needs to be loafing at 1500 watts. I suppose this means a
box capable of more like 2200 watts so I can turn it down.

Do you think the AL-1500 could fill the bill?

Tnx de Mike N4XSE