[AMPS] 77DX

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 77DX
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:20:33 EST
On Sat, 29 Mar 97 18:45:52 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
> [...]

Removing turns will alleviate the 12M reasonance but it will make the
77DX even less efficient on 160M than it is already.  A better solution
is to replace the plate choke with a B&W 802; the original is the B&W
800.
The 802 will operate fine on all 9 HF bands. It is out of production but
an identical replacement is the RK-802 available from Radiokit at $27.

>>PS Same question in using the SB-220 on 12Mtrs/24MHz?
>There are no hv-rfc resonances below 35Mhz, so no mod is needed.

The SB-220 should be limited to 750W or so on 12/17M. I prefer to run in
the CW position when on those bands; the amp is still operating as a
linear.  The tank circuit Q's become very high and blown bandswitches can
result. This will happen even with an otherwise perfectly stabilized 220.
A complete upgrade kit for the 220 to permit full 160 to 10M operation is
under development. .....stay tuned.

73....Carl   KM1H