[AMPS] Free blowers for monster amps.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Free blowers for monster amps.
From: davek@medphys.ucl.ac.uk (David Kirkby)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:29:52 +0100
I have a couple of large blowers, ideal for monster amps,  going for free if
anyone wants them: The data quoted is from memory - I'll check for certain
if anyones interested. Unless anyone wants them, and is willing to pick them
up, they will be scraped - when I have the energy to move them!

I have two rather old devices made by Air Control Developments. These are
10" diameter centrifugal fans, with a 240V, 50 Hz, 500 W, 2 pole (2950 rpm)
single phase motor.  Cutoff pressure is 4.25" of water (measured). Max flow
is not known, but the device seems just capable of supplying 200 cfm at 2"
of water pressure. The fan wheel is narrow (about an inch), so the max flow
is not as big as one might like to see for a 10" diamater fan. This will
just about cool a 3CX5000A7 at sea level, 25 deg C incoming air -  but only
just. These both look in poor condition, but one at least runs fairly well.
I would be tempted to change the bearings though.  They weigh 72 lbs each.
The second fan has not been tested, and the bearing seem a bit rough, but do
turn. The air outlet can be rotated in 90 deg increments to the motor base
(L0, L90, L180, L270). They are fairly quite, considering their size.

If anyone want them, and is willing to pick up from my home in Essex (not
the University address at the bottom of this email), then get in touch.

G8WRB.

David Kirkby,
Research Fellow,
Dept. of Medical Physics,
University College London,
11-20 Capper St,
London,
WC1E 6JA.
Tel (direct line):             0171-209 6406 (+44 171 209 6406)
Tel (department office): 0171-209 6262 (+44 171 209 6262)
Fax:                              0171-209-6269 (+44 171 209 6269)