[AMPS] Technical Question #1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Technical Question #1
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 21 May 98 11:43:40 -0500
>>The reason is that while Tom may have never seen *VHF* oscillation
>>damage, he may have seen damage due to oscillations at *HF*.  HF
>>parasitic oscillations can occur in an amp that is not properly
>>neutralized.  Especially the two tube variety.
>
>However, in a grounded-grid amplifier, there is no way to neutralize,
>save for within the Conyers, GA, city limits.  The good news is that
>below the grid's self resonant frequency, there is no reason to
>neutralize because there is not enough feedback C to support an
>oscillation.

I believe there is some neutralization that can be done in GG amps.  The
most important aspect I recall has to do with making sure that there is a
balance between the two tubes.  A single tube amp need not worry about
it, but in 2 tube amps there can be a problem.  Someone please correct me
if I am incorrect.  I don't have Mr. Orr's book handy at the moment.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

ps:  Never been to Conyers, GA