[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:45:59 +0100
Rich Measures wrote:

>>>It seems to me that we start with a parallel inductor /resistor
>>>suppressor circuit, the conductance (G) and susceptance (B)  of which has
>>>an Admittance, Y.  This admittance may be converted to an equivalent
>>>impedance, represesented as a series Xp-Rp.
>>                               ^^^^^^  ^  ^
>>
>>That's where it all goes wrong.  What you have just described are Rs and
>>Xs, where s stands for SERIES-equivalent.
>
>What about a situation where it is understood by all parties except one
>that "Rs" stands for VHF parasitic suppressor resistor?   .

Oh my... have you really believed for all this time that the "s" in "Rs"
stands for "suppressor"?

>In Wes'
>measurements, he uses the term "Ls".  What is "Ls",  Mr. White?

Copied and pasted directly from Wes's own page: "the measured effective
(series) inductance".

In other words, Ls is the effective inductance that produces the
effective series reactance Xs by the usual formula: Xs = 2*pi*f*Ls, or
Ls = Xs/(2*pi*f).

The analysis of Wes's tables that I posted ties together all of Wes's
own words with that industry-standard interpretation of the meanings of
Rs, Ls, Xs, Rp, Lp and Xp. The math was given in full detail and there
were no gaps and no unresolved questions.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek