[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:20:26 EDT
On Thu, 21 May 98 18:23:55 -0500 Jon Ogden <jono@webspun.com> writes:
>>>So why don't we see more extensive damage in 3-500Z's with bent
>filaments
>>>if arcing is the real cause?
>>>
>>>I've asked this question at least twice and no one has responded to
>it
>>>yet.  So I am asking it again.

And I have asked you and others to supply some math to support any claim
Jon. All I get is excuses.
I also asked you and all the others to call Eimac and ask questions.

Never mind the Rich and Tom BS...color me a skeptic ...

If you  or anyone else has the education, then get off your collective
asses and call Eimac or the CIA...I dont give a rats ass who.....just get
an answer on paper.

73  Carl  KM1H

>>How much damage should you expect? I don't know.
>>
>>Nobody has come up with a real explanation of how the forces
>necessary
>>to bend a filament are generated, applying the same principles as an
>>electric motor.
>>
>>The other question that's still unanswered is what was the state of
>the
>>filament just before the event? Was it properly centered in the grid
>>cage... or was it already bent, so that even a small movement would
>>cause it to touch?
>
>It still doesn't answer the fundamental question:
>
>* According to literature (as posted by John Lyles), it is stated that
>
>gas arcs usually cause SEVERE damage to a tube, as in melted grids,
>fused
>grids, etc.  "Bent" grids are not mentioned although, I assume they
>are
>possible.
>
>So the question still stands (I'll ask it again):
>
>Is there anyone who has done a post mortem on a 3-500Z who has seen
>*EXTENSIVE* damage?  And I don't mean in a case where we know there
>was
>an arc.  And if this extensive damage has not occured due to arcing,
>then
>why?
>>
>>The same question can be asked about burned-out resistors etc: what
>>state were they in, just *before* the event?
>
>Correct.  We have no way of knowing.
>>
>>I don't think anybody really knows, because even the "amplifier
>doctors"
>>and "post-mortem experts" don't start looking until *after* something
>>has gone wrong.
>
>True.  Although, neither do morticians, yet they can figure the cause
>of
>human death by working backwards.  Splatter brains, a hole in the head
>
>and a bulged piece of lead would indicate a gun shot wound.  Melted or
>
>fried grids and arc.  Bent grids??????  ARC  maybe, parasite - maybe.
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

>Jon Ogden
>KE9NA
>
>http://www.qsl.net/ke9na

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]