FW: [AMPS] Alpha 77SX Tone

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [AMPS] Alpha 77SX Tone
From: w4eto@rmii.com (Richard W. Ehrhorn)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:41:38 -0700
Hi Ivo...

It's difficult to imagine any way in which an amplifier can directly
introduce "chirp," which is frequency variation, onto the signal.

My guess would be that mains voltage changes enough when the amp is keyed
that the transceiver's frequency changes.This is probably extremely rare
with modern synthesized rigs, but not impossible I suppose.

Good luck & 73,

Dick  W0ID/ex-W4ETO