[AMPS] SB-200 relay substitution question.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-200 relay substitution question.
From: n3jpu@erols.com (Gary Mitchelson)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:41:43 -0000
I have a KM1H modified SB-200 for 6M. The previous owner removed the
open-frame relay and went with extrenal relays but the 7W 2K resistor is
still in place. I have a nice pair of SPDT coaxial relays that I can fit
inside. They are 28VDC a piece and have a coil resistance of about 200 ohm a
piece.

The original open frame was 120VAC? But keyed on about 130VDC? from the grid
cut-off bias circuit and I have no idea of the resistance it had.

What if I wired these 2 in series for 56VDC and put a dropping resistor in,
can I use these as a simple replacement (as opposed to a seperate 28VDC
supply)?

How will it affect the grid bias?

Any other ideas?

I plan on a Harbach Soft Key to be installed also if this helps with an
idea.

Gary Mitchelson
Montgomery Co. MD  FM19lc
N3JPU@erols.com (Home)