[AMPS] 572-B Bias voltage, for todays tubes???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 572-B Bias voltage, for todays tubes???
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (Mark S Graalman)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:36:59 -0500
  Kurt, I really don't know what the present manufacturers
recommend for the 572B, but I would think that 24 volts
would almost cut it off. I know the Cetron tubes at about
2400 volts ran a operating bias of about -2 volts. I think
if I were you I'd make the cutoff voltage at least 50 volts
and the operating bias adjustable from about -2 to maybe
-8 or -10 volts and that should certainly give you enough
leeway to be able to set it up at the proper point.
 It seems to me that the usual ZSAC of a pair of 572B's at
2500 volts or so is about 80-100 ma.

Mark  WB8JKR

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:38:44 EST UNCRICHIE7@aol.com writes:

> Can anyone suggest what voltage should be used for bias on todays
> tubes. As
> in Chinese, Russian, USA 572-B tubes. I'm brewing a quad of 572's,
> mounted
> vertically,  if that makes any difference. I'm using an older
> schematic and
> it suggests 2.0 volts. However I have read several posts suggesting
> anywhere
> from 2.0 to 24.0 volts.  Which is correct and why? Ive built several
> 811 amps
> but this is my first 572-Beast. Is there a chart that anyone has
> designed
> with these voltages on them, just a suggestion. Well thats it from
> here, can
> anyone straighten me out. As always thanks in advance. Kurt, K3KL...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.