[AMPS] 4CX800's vs 4CX1600

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX800's vs 4CX1600
From: tony@uch.net (UT7CT --> Anton Koval)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:47:21 +0200
    From my own experience when I was in communication with the Svetlana
stuff located in St. Petersburg I can only say that the head sales manager
Mr. Evgeny Matrosov is so much not willing to communicate with a local
hams/companies that I can hardly guess why...
    At the same time being the CIS citizen I was in contact with Svetlana
for a while and know that the total amount of workers at Svetlana is 30 000
(!!). It is a huge plant manufacturing tubes from 0.1 to 1200000 W !
    BUT: the problem of Svetlana is that people from the board are people
from the Soviet Union era bringing the fatal Soviet habits into business...
    The quite opposite responce I received from the US Svetlana. Every my
E-mail was answered very professionally without delays. I wish the St.
Petersburg Headquarters would run business/public relations in the same way
!
    Againg, it is scheaper (!!) and easier to buy tubes from the US office
rather than from the Russian one.
    At the same time buying tubes for a home brew projects is a lot chaper
from individuals in your countries or me, UT7CT ( http://www.qsl.net/ut7ct )
    Anyway, tastes differ.

    Regards, Anton Koval, UT7CT
UT7CT Ham Radio Devices - Fine range of CT
Hand Keys & Paddles. Collectable keys. Svetlana
PA tubes and much more at http://www.qsl.net/ut7ct
tony@uch.net   ICQ#19487420