[AMPS] Alpha Power service

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha Power service
From: John_Nelson@compuserve.com (John Nelson)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:32:34 -0400
Last September I added the AlphaMax option to my four-year-old 87A and
screwed up big-time when reassembling it, getting a connector orientation
wrong. The result was a couple of fried PCB tracks, a bad smell in the
shack and an inoperative amplifier. I called Alpha Power for help in
troubleshooting. The technician was extremely knowledgable about the unit
and went out of his way to be helpful.

It became clear that the amplifier needed to go back to the factory. At my
request they changed the damaged PCB instead of repairing it and also did a
couple of modifications to bring the unit up to current standard. They also
installed the AlphaMax option. The company took the view that all this work
fell within the terms of the guarantee and only charged for the cost of the
AlphaMax upgrade, although I had said that I would be happy to pay for any
work done. If I recall correctly the amp was back with me in a matter of
about a fortnight, and has been totally reliable ever since. I also
received an e-mail from Mr Brosnahan a week or so later asking whether the
amplifier had got back to me in good shape and was now working properly.

I haven't the slightest connection with Alpha Power and don't know anyone
in the company; I guess I'm just your average satisfied customer. But I
wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. Anecdotally, I've heard
of several other UK amateurs who are also very satisfied with their
service.

Just my 2p (0.02c) worth.

John Nelson
GW4FRX