[AMPS] MFJ-259B Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MFJ-259B Question
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:21:42 -0700

>>  All I asked is whether the dipmeter option worked.  Reading between the
>> lines, Joe's lit fuse tells me that he already knows the MFJ dipper option
>> is a turkey.
>>
>> end
>>
>> -  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
>

>The dipmeter is a copy of a cover award-winning QST article that I
>warned Martin Jue about.

Congrats.  QST does not have a Tech Editor.

> He went ahead and did it anyway,
>claiming QST checked it out.
>
>He didn't know it was like the "Nearly Perfect Amplifier" article and
>"Parasitics Revisited",  all real turkey's of articles based on poor
>theories and misunderstandings of how things work.

On the 28th of November, 1996, on the rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Newsgroup, Mr. Tom Rauch proposed that we work a sample problem with two
types of parasitic suppressor - the copper-wire type and the
resistance-wire type.  Mr. Rauch apparently felt that working his sample
problem would straighten out my misunderstandings of how things really
work.   However, a couple of days hence, Mr. Rauch suddenly cancelled the
post.  He refuses to discuss the matter to this day.  The sample problem
awaits.  The Rp in the resistance-wire suppressor turned out to be about
45% of the Rp in the copper-wire suppressor.      In other words, Tom
knows that he is riding a dead horse.

end

end