[AMPS] Care and Feeding of fragile egos

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Care and Feeding of fragile egos
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:19:43 EST

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:45:49 -0600 "Randall D. DuCharme"
<randyd@specent.com> writes:

>Radio WC6W wrote:
>>

>>    Bill dropped out of school to co-author a Basic interpreter for the
>> Altair system in... 1975 or thereabouts.
>
>This is true, but I'm forced to wonder... had he finished school,
>would Windows be something different than it is today? :-)

   Well... that concept he appropriated from Apple which had previously
borrowed it from Xerox PARC.

   The great invention of Microsoft is something once thought to be
impossible.  They have managed to design software that "wears out", thus
forcing the user to repair or preferably replace it.  And, as no-one here
can hear my inflection, I do not intend to be the least bit facetious in
this statement.

An error has occurred in your program -- Ignore, Close,
   Marv  WC6W

*

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.