[AMPS] 8877 bias curve?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 8877 bias curve?
From: N7CXI@SiliconPixels.com (Jim Barber)
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:06:59 -0800
Phil said:

>Looks really close to me, Jim.

Thanks, Phil.  I penciled in a 12V 50W zener for use at
3900V, but haven't gotten anything off paper yet.  I'm also
fiddling with a silicon bias switch and regulator combo, but
have a ways to go. I like Rich's optocoupler idea, but am
a little nervous about a high VCEO on the coupler when switched
off. For that and other reasons, I'd like the "off" bias voltage
to be right at cutoff.  I have a couple of ideas to try there,
but haven't gotten around to them yet.

As for your "D vs MK-V" question, I don't know.  I went
from a FT-767 to the MK-V, so am absolutely in ham (read
hog) heaven.  Off-topic or not, it has by far the best receiver
I've ever laid ears on.

73
Jim, N7CXI