[AMPS] Non-Inductive Carbon Resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Non-Inductive Carbon Resistors
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:43:46 -0800
Fair Radio Sales and Surplus Sales of Nebraska both list quite a lot of
non-inductive resistors in their web catalogs.  I recently purchased some
600 Ohm, 100W units from Surplus Sales for terminating longwire antennas,
and they were reasonably priced and immediately shipped.  These are listed
as "GLOBARS," and are basically chunks of graphite with metallization on
each end to make connection.  _No_ wires are used in their construction.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger