[Amps] Re: AB1 v. AB2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: AB1 v. AB2
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 09:42:42 -0800
-
>> I'm wondering if someone can explain why AB2 GG
>>service is more linear than AB2 grid-driven service?
-
One contribution is the swamping effect for the "feed
through" or "feed forward" power from the driving source.
-
The terms can be misleading, as that portion of the drive
power does not appear in the plate load circuit of the
GG stage until after it is converted to a varying dc plate
potential effectively in series with the main amplifier
power supply.
-
The "converted drive power" serves a useful function in
linear amplifier service because it swamps out the
undesirable effects of nonlinear grid loading and presents
a reasonably constant load to the exciter.
-
cheers.
skipp

Only $9.95 per month!