[Amps] Connecting Bleeder Resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Connecting Bleeder Resistors
From: dcoolica at planet.eon.net (Denis)
Date: Wed Jan 29 02:19:51 2003
Bob, I had the same setup with a voltage doubler to produce 6.2KV for a
4-1000A.  Initially I did not connect the resistor to the center of the
capacitors.  Everything work OK.  Then when I was going to work on the power
supply one day after the power supply  had not been on for a while, I went
through with the shorting probe to make sure all the capacitors were
discharged.  B A N G!  One was not.  After that I connected the bleeder resistor
across the capacitors.

Denis Ve6AQ  ( Battered but still standing!)