[Amps] TL922 Repair question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL922 Repair question
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Thu May 29 09:35:05 2003
>Hi All -
>
>I am looking for some advice on the repair of a TL922A.
>
>I had been checking out a TL922 that I had not used in a year, when it
>developed a problem.  When tuning up on 15, the power suddenly dropped for a
>second and then one of the fuses blew.  After replacing the fuse, the amp
>came back on but the output would not go much over 400W.   It seemed like
>only one tube was actually being used.  As it turns out, when I looked at
>the tubes during transmit, only one of them was turning red.

?  The 922 has a tendency to take off intermittently c. 120MHz.  When this
happens, there is a surge in grid current,  This problem and the fix is
discussed in articles on my Web site.  Also see article on SB-220.
-  To save fuses when troubleshooting an amplifier, clip-lead a 300W, 120v lamp
across each fuse holder and remove the fuses.