Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500

To: "Rick Nichols" <rickn@netdoor.com>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500
From: rlm <r@somis.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:13:50 -0700
?   Rick -- The main problem is not the HV PS, it is that the AL-1500's
tank L needs to be cut in half for 2A of anode-I instead of 1A.  Also,
the extant tank-L conductors are too small - even for 1, 8877. especially
above 40m.  With 2A-DC and a Q of 10, there will be c. 20A-rms of RF
circulating current.  (At 30MHz, 20A is like 80A at 60Hz)