Re: [Amps] VOX Tripping and Bandswitch Damage

To: "Bill Coleman" <n2bc@stny.rr.com>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] VOX Tripping and Bandswitch Damage
From: rlm <r@somis.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 06:01:50 -0700

On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 06:39 AM, Bill Coleman wrote:

Hi Mike, you may be on to something... I am not familiar with the '78, but
will relate something I have personally done & seen done by other folks.

Our club has an SB-220. The stock Tune, Load, and Bandswitch knobs are
identical. On more than one occasion while tuning it up, the bandswitch was
cranked by mistake - under power!

*** occasionally greasing the detent ballbearing on the bandswitch also helps to distinguish bandswitch rotation from capacitor rotation. ...