Re: [Amps] QSK for TL-922 - correction

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK for TL-922 - correction
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:54:32 -0400
After I wrote the reply, I went by Rich's website and took a look. This uses two (2) SPDT vacuum relays, not one (1) DPDT. Sorry about that!

Schematic: http://somis.org/D-a-07.GIF

Will Matney

>Hello,

I think the way Rich has it is first he takes out the old antenna relay and replaces it with a DPDT vacuum reed relay. Then the switching is done from the jack(s) by either switching the coil to ground directly or by using a transistor switch if the transmitter has positive switching. This would allow either type of transmitter to be used. Next, when the relay closes, current is drawn through an opto-isolator. This is turns, puts a bias voltage on the base of a large transistor switch, and is connected in series with the cathode lead of the tube. There's a diode string in series here also to adjust the bias voltage. It goes back to the B- supply, and through a resistor to ground for the plate current meter. The power for the antenna relays coil is derived from a rectifier/voltage-divider off the line voltage (+150 Vdc supply). I don't think I left out anything, if so Rich will correct me.

Will Matney