Re: [Amps] 2nd grid resistor blow Ameritron AMP 811H

To: dpipes@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2nd grid resistor blow Ameritron AMP 811H
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:47:49 -0700
D Pipes wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I do have an added question. Would I be seeing
> parasitic conditions before and without any RF ye? This has happened only
> when i switch the amp on (power switch) still in standby and no RF load
> applied as yet just at start up on the power switch? thanks

I doubt that this problem is caused by a parasitic.  I certainly would
not make a categorical statement like 'you are getting a parasitic
oscillation...'.

It sounds like, more than anything else, a tube defect.  Yes, it is very
mysterious that it happened twice in the same place.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco