[Amps] Auto tune 4CX800 HF Linear

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Auto tune 4CX800 HF Linear
From: "Richard Frizell" <richard.f@dynamco.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:11:20 +0800
A while ago I bough a pair of 4CX800A's with the idea of making a true
broadband HF Linear. I have 3 stepper motors to drive the variable inductor,
plate and load capacitors. The idea is to "sniff" the RF input, determine
the frequency and then preset the inductor. Then finally tune the plate and
load capacitors before applying full drive. A Micro with A/D will monitor
the currents and drive the stepper motors

Anybody had any experience of doing this? Any input would be appreciated

Richard VK6ZIM