[Amps] 450TLs needed TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 450TLs needed TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:25:23 -0700
I need a pair of working 450TL triodes. Yep, not one but a pair.
Before you accuse me of being an AUDIOPHOOL, take a look at this:
http://www.aa9tt.com/Fun_Stuff/Amplifiers/Wilcox/wilcox.html

Its a Wilcox 96D, 2 - 12 MHz transmitter. Its less than a foot wide,
but 6 feet tall and 3 feet deep. It works in a drawer, you can pull
the entire guts out with one hand and look inside. I picked one up
(three people to move it, weighs just under 400 lbs) Saturday at a
SK's place nearby for $50. Mine needs a capacitor, RF choke and the
two PA tubes, as well as a power supply of substantial capacity. I
would like to restore it to working status, so the tubes are a start.
If anybody has some old tubes that still have vacuum, contact me.
thanks.

John
K5PRO