[Amps] DB9 RF filter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] DB9 RF filter
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
    I used to work with a high power HF system that tied into a LAN a couple of
years ago.  It used some HF email software from Harris and they supplied a DB9
filter that allowed you to remove the DB9 from the serial port and attach the
filter between the computer and the cable.  It was a male to female DB9
connector that had small RF filters in it and was manufactured in Mexico about
1/2" long between the male and female DB9's.  They also had a DB25 version but
I only need the DB9 right now.
    Has anyone information where I can obtain such a filter?  I have suspected
RF hash on a cable with a DB9 that I need to filter out.  I would like to try
this option before using a bunch of clamp on ferrites.  If I have to go to
ferrites later that is fine but I want to use these filters first.
  Advanced Thanks,
  Mike