Re: [Amps] Amplifier Rule Changes in the new R&O

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier Rule Changes in the new R&O
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:50:27 -0500
Hello Pete,

I guess that's where I step aside and let the "real engineers" toss out some
ideas!

But the whole problem I see with 11-meter amplifier regulations is the FCC
is trying to manage a social or ethics problem with legislation, shouldering
the responsibility onto the manufacturers. And that translates into the Ham
community having to finance the 11-meter solution by having their equipment
butchered in the process.

About a dozen or more high profile visits to "chop shops" or "renegade
users" would reinstate some fear in 11-meter amplifier proliferation. If the
FCC doesn't have the manpower to do it, then contract a few "repo agencies"
to instill the fear. Or maybe better yet, turn it into a hit TV series like
"America's Most Wanted"? I can visualize it now, swat teams triangulating an
area with DF equipment under the cloak of darkness, with holsters laden with
a variety of industrial strength side cutters...

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN