Re: [Amps] QST

To: "'Steve Katz'" <stevek@jmr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QST
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:03:48 -0600

Also, note that when the vox relay pulls in, you are now running at zero
bias. Not too swift an idea for Z tubes.

In addition to the two aforementioned guffaws, I have spotted several more.

Maybe we should have a contest to see who spots the most errors in the
article??

The author refers to two Eimac technical bulletins that recommend direct
strapping of all the grid pins to chassis, and using a simple L/C to chassis
for the tuned input. Is there a web site where these bulletins can be
downloaded? This would solve two reoccurring hot topics that show up here,
and on other reflectors from time to time. (if such bulletins exist!)

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC

Bill, in that same article, the bandswitch of the SB-221 (pi net output
section) had a floating rotor connection -- the bandswitch as shown wouldn't
do anything.  I remember spotting that when I glanced at the article and
started chuckling...

WB2WIK/6