Re: [Amps] DEAD Alpha 91B

To: Bob Maser <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DEAD Alpha 91B
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:30:06 -0800
Bob Maser wrote:

> Is it plugged in?
> W6TR
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
> To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 3:46 AM
> Subject: [Amps] DEAD Alpha 91B

No, Bob, it's not plugged in. It's never been plugged-in, but magically
it used to light-up when I pushed the on/off switch and after 5 minutes
it would make 1500 watts. Now it's dead. I will try plugging it in,
however. That's a good idea you have. I am not sure why I didn't think
of that myself. Maybe I will learn more about amplifiers if I hang out
here on this reflector. A friend of mine in the repeater club told me
that I need this thing called an "antenna" to connect to my amplifier.
Is that true? I've been having trouble making contacts (even when the
amplifier would still light up and make power). Maybe if I get one of
these "antennas" things, I'll have better luck. I tried connecting the
rubber duck from my HT to the back of the amplifier, but that didn't go
so good. Any suggestions there?

73, Mike W4EF...........