Re: [Amps] finding a good blower in Europe?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] finding a good blower in Europe?
From: "Adam Farson" <farson@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:25:37 -0700
Hi Ulf,

There is nothing wrong with a split-phase induction motor requiring a
starting capacitor. In fact, this type of motor is often more efficient than
the more common shaded-pole small induction motor.

As I recall, a split-phase motor will also have higher starting torque than
a shaded-pole motor.

Cheers for now, 73,
Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ

Message: 1