Re: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 17 meters

To: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>, "Steve Sala" <k7awb@msn.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 17 meters
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:07:38 -0400
Im not familiar with any resonant around 18 mHz but several such as many
Dentrons that use the same choke, and the NCL-2000 will fry on 12M.
Removing 3-4 turns moves the resonance up near the CB band.

The parasitic suppressors have no effect at 10M and below; the parasitic
frequencies are in the VHF range.

Carl
KM1H