Re: [Amps] TL922 Power Plugs

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL922 Power Plugs
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:53:15 +0200
The danger lies in the fact that the ground fault interrupter gets bypassed
if you strap the ground and neutral wires at the appliance. The fault
(leakage) current has to have a separate path to ground in order for it to
work. If the appliance develops a short to the casing, and your strap is in
place, the case will be hot and the GFI won't sense it. Under these
circumstances, no matter the path the phase current and the neutral currents
will remain equal, thus defeating the GFI.
Alex    4Z5KS