Re: [Amps] use or not coaxial audio cable to transmitter's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] use or not coaxial audio cable to transmitter's
From: "W5CUL" <w5cul@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:15:22 -0500
Tzikas,

A Balun at the antenna end and Ferrite at the shack end should help with RF
riding the coax cable into the shack.  Build the balun to transform the
impedance at the antenna feed point to that of the impedance of the coax.  I
don't understand what is meant by "metal house", but a 2.5M coax puts the
equipment kind of close to the antenna though.  Don't know if that would be
a part of the issue or not.  Last observation would be 1 ground rod. May not
be enough for a good RF ground, but should work great for DC. One question,
how is the PLL, Amp & Power supply grounded?

I think someone already mentioned a good type of audio cable to use, one
with a braided shield and or foil wrap.  I use a cable that has two twisted
pairs surrounded by a very heavy braided shield for all of my audio
connections between gear.  Here is a hyper-link, maybe you will be able to
find a distributor in your location:

http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=53

73,

Mike