Re: [Amps] 572Bs

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572Bs
From: Paul Manuel <k4pdm@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:16:19 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like there is no real concensus on current
Russian or Chinese tube quality. Lots of different experiences.

Maybe some work better in some amplifier designs than others. Maybe not all the
tubes with the same label are made in the same factory. Who knows.

I'm leaning toward ordering the Russian 572Bs from Louisiana because of quicker
shipping and response if I have a problem.

I do know about the parasitic supressor issue and am supposed to be getting new
ones soon from the previous owner, he ordered the wire and resistors before he
decided to sell the Clipperton L.

Thanks again & 73, Paul K4PDM