[Amps] High Band Amp Considerations

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] High Band Amp Considerations
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 05:58:22 -0700
I am pondering my next amp build - - a 5-bander (10 thru 20m) dedicated to
my 5-band beam with around 800 - 1000w output.  All the better if I could
use my existing power supply that has 2500/2900v at 600mA (or so)
capability.

Looking for a tube suggestion.   I'd prefer a single tube with good IMD
specs, that is easily obtained/replaceable/affordable.

By not having to design for lowband operation, are there some design
considerations or optimizations I should be aware of ?  Bandswitch and
tapped tank coil vs. roller inductor?   Vacuum vs air variables?

Thanks,

Steve KK7UV