Re: [Amps] More on two pin 220vac

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More on two pin 220vac
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:26:42 +0000
    Unfortunately, there may not be an easy solution.
Many of us have had to run our own wiring from the breaker box to
our hamshack for our amplifiers. Usually, not for ground issues but because
the amplifiers have a capacitive input that draw all of the current on peaks
of the 250v 60Hz Sinewave. I had to do this myself.
   My only experience with Thai electrical wiring was over 40 years ago.
And I can say that the home  power wiring was certainly not capable under any
conditions powering a full gallon power amplifier. I am sure things have changed
since then but bet that many homes are still wired with 1960's or 70's  vintage
wire and
connectors.

73
Bill wa4lav