Re: [Amps] Alpha 76A drive levels...

To: km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com, amps@contesting.com, wa6fgi@steeltrails.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76A drive levels...
From: Jeff Dorsey via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 09:32:32 +0000 (UTC)
Carl:
I have a 3-holer, with so-so tubes.
On 40 meters on the SSB setting, tuning to keep grid current maximum at no
higher than 0.6 on the scale and a dip in plate current, I get about 1 KW
forward power; it takes about 87 watts to get this output with so-so tube.
On other bands, the same procedure yields about 850 watts with drive of between
40 and 60 watts.
Is this the right procedure for tuning or should I be doing things differently?
73,

Jeff