[Amps] Low efficiency on 160 m

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Low efficiency on 160 m
From: Markku Oksanen <ww1c@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 06:18:41 +0000
All

Thanks for the info.  I know the G3SEK tool quite well.

I believe the power measurement is close to OK, I have a bird and two other
meters to check this and all show similar power values.

I added capacitance to the load side of the tank circuit and I get a bit better
efficiency now.
Interestingly, the best settings still have the load capacitor fully meshed
meaning that the optimal load would be still lower than what I have.  However I
am not quite sure as the tank circuit is a variometer design and the plate
capacitor is fixed.

Markku